Remove existing washroom cubicles
* units were removed and disposed of
* water services were capped off and made safe, and sewage connections were capped.
Remove existing quarry tiles and concrete screed
* the existing floor tiles were lifted
* we prepare the subfloor surface
* spoil removed from site.
Install new self levelled latex and anti slip safety vinyl flooring
* latex self levelling compound installed to the sub floor
* anti slip vinyl laid to floor and chemically fixed to sub floor.
Install new toilet drainage
* the layout required an additional cubicle to the WC space to increase the children capacity of the nursery. This required the existing drainage to be modified. All sewage pipes were modified to accommodate the new spacing of the washroom cubicles layout
Modify the plumbing to prevent back flow siphonage
* We carry out a risk assessment of the fluid category risk was carried out to address the water regulations issues regarding back flow siphonage.
* the washroom was rated with a fluid 5 category risk, which is the highest risk of fluid contamination.
* installation of the modified plumbing supplies for the WC cisterns and sink trough was carried out in accordance with the technical specifications required to prevent back flow contamination between the sewage services and the local water supply.
* toilet cisterns were fitted with a Type AD – Air gap with injector installed to connected water supply with an additional AFL air gap isolator valve.
* installation of a thermostatic hot water valve is installed to supply hot water to the sink trough. This device presents hot was scolding to the children as the water temperature can be regulated to the individual room requirement.